Mark Moraghan, born in Toxteth, Liverpool, England on January 27th, 1963, is a British actor and singer who narrates Thomas and Friends for both the UK and US from the seventeenth season onwards. He also re-narrated the thirteenth season episode Snow Tracks specially for the DVD Santa's Little Engine. He has appeared in many British drama series including "Peak Practice" and "Heartbeat". He is most famous for his roles as Greg Shadwick in "Brookside", Ray Wyatt in "Dream Team", Owen Davies in "Holby City", and Barry, one of the original Scousers, in "Harry Enfield and Chums".
- He was interviewed for his role as the current narrator on BBC Radio Merseyside in May 2013 in which is says that he has recorded around one hundred episodes so far and states his opinion on the series. [1
- He started working on Thomas and Friends around June 2012.
- He has stated that he loves the CGI animation by Arc Productions.
- On July 19th, he attended at Drayton Manor's Thomas Land as a V.I.P guest for the grand opening of Winston's Whistle-Stop Tour.
- On August 18th, he attended the King of the Railway V.I.P showing with his children.